Did your snowblower just die after years of use? Or maybe you are still using a shovel and want to make your life easier in 2016 by getting a snow thrower? Whatever your reason for looking at snowblowers is, this post will help you. Actually, we closely considered several of the most popular snowblowers costing below $1000, and after comparing customer reviews, features, price, company reputation and certain other factors, decided that the following model is the greatest snow thrower under 1000 bucks:
1. Murray 1695885 22-Inch Single-Stage Snow Thrower
After much deliberation, we decided to list this single-stage Murray as our top recommendation. Coming from the 800 Snow Series, this Murray features a 205cc 4-cycle OHV engine, which is powerful. We like the fact that the product has a 120-volt electric start, as well as an optional recoil start. The maximum throw distance being 25-feet, this snowblower can do its job well. Note that its chute radius is 220-degrees.
Let us have a look at its advantages and disadvantages:
- It is quite a compact machine, so storing it will not be an issue even if your place is not that big
- The blower can easily clean 10 or 12 inches of snow
- Assembly process is very easy; the manual is helpful, and all the required components come inside the package
- Comes oil-ready, so you can get started almost right away
- It gets pulled at a slight pace if you raise the handle a bit, which makes things very easy
- Even though 106-pounds is not really light, the machine maneuvers very smoothly, as long as you are not dealing with very high snow
- The electric start is a blessing since you can start the machine instantly even in the middle of shivering weather
- For a snowblower, it has an appealing and detailed design
URGENT ALERT: This product has been recently discontinued by the manufacturer. But the good news is that Amazon still has it in the stock. It is selling out very quickly, so grab the deal while it lasts. You are going to thank yourself later. The following link will directly lead you to the product!
- Some users report occasional gas leaks
- Although the machine is really sturdy and powerful, you have to get over the fact that it is mainly made of plastic
- It cannot self propel, so avoid it if that is a must for you
- Drive belt may come off on rare occasions
Overall, this machine is a great one, having the capability to deal with moderate snow with expertise. There are a few minor disadvantages which we have mentioned already, but nothing that will give you too much trouble. What is even more appealing is the fact that it has a very affordable price tag. We say go for it.
2. Power Smart DB7659A 22-Inch 208cc LCT Gas-Powered 2-Stage Snow Thrower
This model is selling out very fast at the moment, especially because it has got a huge number of features to offer. First you get electric start, so you can start it easily even in rough weather conditions. Other than that, you get a 4-way joystick control, so adjusting direction or height is a breeze. In addition, even when the surface is slippery you can count on it to maintain traction since the snow tires are specially designed to hold on to traction. The only downside is that if you live in California, then you will need to ignore it. It is non-carb compliant, and not for sale in the state. Otherwise, this 208cc 22-Inch Two-Stage Thrower is a totally fantastic piece of equipment. We recommend it without any reservations.
3. Husqvarna ST121E 21-Inch 208cc Single-Stage Electric Start Snow Blower
Lastly, we feel that this Husqvarna deserves to be on this list. This is not a perfect snowblower, but neither are the above two. You get a 208cc powerful engine with it, and the equipment provides 21-inch clearing width. There is electric start to make things simple, and the presence of auger-driven speed drive makes movements easy. What we really like about this product is that it comes with a LED, so you can clear your driveway easily even when the weather is gloomy. The quality of construction is satisfactory for the price, and it looks quite good, too. Be sure to consider this before you make your final purchase.
Based on our research, we can say pretty confidently that the above three models will offer you the most for your money in this price range.